Monday, August 9, 2010

I didn’t see this one coming…

VersatileBloggerAward

I honestly didn’t think I’d be in the running for any awards until I’d been doing this a little longer but, Jen from My Book Addiction surprised me over the weekend with The Versatile Blogger award.  I was totally speechless.  Thank you Jen for thinking of me.  Here’s the gist:

The Rules

  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers you have recently discovered and think enough of to bestow them with this awesome award.
  4. Contact those lucky bloggers and give them the good news about their new award.

Seven Things About Me

  1. I’m a recreational gamer.
  2. I love to watch TV shows and movies that have to do with dance.  Yes, that includes the cheesy ones too.
  3. I still watch cartoons.  Some of my favorites include Avatar:  The Last Airbender, Batman:  The Brave and the Bold and The Boondocks.
  4. I loved reading Nancy Drew when I was younger and would write my own little mysteries for my grandmother.
  5. Me and my sister were huge fans of The Mickey Mouse Club and would write letters to try and get on the show.
  6. I’ve taken a trapeze class.  If you ever have the opportunity to take a class do it.  It’s a lot of fun.
  7. I have a collection of Marvel Universe and DC Comic Cards.

Wow…I just totally came out of the geek closet on this one.

The Fifteen Ten Bloggers

  1. Isalys & Vanessa @ Book Soulmates
  2. Vickie @ Vixen’s Daily Reads
  3. Jen @ The Movieholic and Bibliophile’s Blog
  4. Julie @ Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks
  5. Kindlelicious @ Kindlelicious Reads
  6. JoJo @ JoJo’s Book Corner
  7. K @ The Good, The Bad & The Random
  8. Shauna @ Read~Write~Revamp
  9. AnimeJune @ Gossamer Obsessions
  10. Zee @ Fire Pages

10 comments:

Kindlelicious said...

Thanks Jen! So sweet of you! So judging from your seven things, I assume you will be seeing Step Up 3D? Haha, I keep threatening my husband that I will be watching that one day on mute. Oh and since you love cartoons, ever seen Frisky Dingo on Adult Swim? It's pure magic.

firepages said...

Thank you so much Jen! I am so happy that you passed on this fantastic award to me. I appreciate it so much!

Jen D. said...

@Kindlelicious - You're very welcome. LOL...I might wait for that one on DVD but, rest assured I will watch it eventually. I've never heard of Frisky Dingo. Pure magic, huh? I'll definitely make it a point to check it out.

@firepages - You're very welcome Zee!

Julie (Rumour) said...

Thanks a bunch Jen! You're so sweet. And a BIG Thank You for visiting my blog and for commenting almost EVERY DAY! You totally rock and you always put a smile on my face! :)

Jen D. said...

You're very welcome Julie. Just my way of saying thanks for making my 9 to 5 more tolerable.

Jen said...

Hi Jen -

My grandmother used to collect Nancy Drew books for me when I was a kid so I loved them too :)

Geeks are cool!

Jen D. said...

Hiya Jen,

Geeks are pretty cool. Even cooler are grandmas that collect Nancy Drew books and read their grandkids mysteries. =)

Ladytink_534 said...

Thank you! I love cartoons! Especially classic Disney. I promise I'll get the award up asap.

Vickie said...

Thank you Jen! What a sweetie you are.

Jen D. said...

You're very welcome ladies. Just my way of saying thanks for taking the time to put your words out there. =)

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila