Saturday, August 11, 2012

Discussion: Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith (Week 2)

Andrew Smith Saturdays


Hi ladies and gents!  Welcome back to this week's discussion of Ghost Medicine discussion.  Let's have at it shall we?



  1. What do you think is the reason behind Troy's internal dialogue with his father?

  2. What do you think happened to Rose after the fires?

  3. Why do you think Mr. Benavidez refrains from filing charges against Chase after he steals his truck?

  4. Why do you think Troy opens up to Tommy about what happened to his brother?


Looking forward to see what y'all think!  Oh and we'll be discussing Chapters 16 - 22 next Saturday.





1 comments:

Adam said...

1. That, I really haven't figured out yet. I feel like it's actually more memories than it is dialogue..

2. I have to admit, I was nervous that she might have stayed there and burned up with the house/property - when Troy saw the burned goat, I was sure it was her! I don't know if she has completely migrated or if she'll be back, but I hope she'll be back. I was hoping she'd show up at the tournament.

3. I wasn't sure about that at first, but I think it was explained in that Benavidez and the Sheriff are the two "powers" in town, and neither wants to step on the others' toes, lest they start a war. It reminds me of the Godfather - the "families" might have problems with each other, but no one wants to take things too far.

4. I think Troy got to the point where he just needed to let it out, and he trusts Tommy. He trusts him like a brother, someone he can confide in and know that he won't be 1) laughed at or 2) betrayed. Tommy will keep the conversation to himself - plus, Tommy knows what it is like to lose a parent, even if not in the same way. He's hurting, too.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila